By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Sign In
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: Subramanian Swamy’s ‘Ram Setu’ Plea: Supreme Court issues notice to Centre; seeks response – World News Network
Share
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > Subramanian Swamy’s ‘Ram Setu’ Plea: Supreme Court issues notice to Centre; seeks response – World News Network
National

Subramanian Swamy’s ‘Ram Setu’ Plea: Supreme Court issues notice to Centre; seeks response – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 29, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

New Delhi [India], August 29 (ANI): The Supreme Court on Friday issued notice to the Centre on a plea of former Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy seeking a direction to the Centre to timely decide his representation seeking to declare ‘Ram Setu’ as a national monument and of national importance.
A bench of Justices Vikram Nath and Justice Sandeep Mehta asked the government to file its response on the plea.
The petition sought national monument status for the ‘Ram Setu’ bridge and a survey by the Geological Survey of India and the Archaeological Survey of India in respect to ‘Ram Setu’ as an ancient monument of national importance.
Swamy stated that, in accordance with the Supreme Court’s January 2023 order, he had made a representation to the Centre; however, it has not been decided.
The plea stated that Swamy had filed representations with the government on January 27, 2023, and May 15, 2025, but received no response from the government.
He further stated that ‘Ram Setu’ fulfils all the set criteria for being called an ‘Ancient Monument’, as it has historical, archaeological, or artistic interest.
The plea stated that Ram Setu fulfils the criteria of an ancient monument and, under Section 3/4 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act 1958, the government is duty-bound to declare all ancient monuments of national importance and national monuments.
He said that the Central government is duty-bound to protect ‘Ram Setu’ from any form of misuse, pollution or desecration.
Swamy’s petition stated, “This archaeological site is a matter of faith and shraddha of people treating Ram-Setu as a pilgrimage.”
The Central government had earlier told the Supreme Court that the process to declare ‘Ram Setu’ a national heritage monument is currently underway in the Ministry of Culture.
The response of the Centre came on Swamy’s plea seeking direction to the government to declare ‘Ram Setu’ as a national monument. The apex court had then asked Swamy to file a representation with the Ministry on the issue.
Swamy had earlier said that the case has been pending for eight years, but the government has not been able to respond to the plea.
In his plea, Swamy had urged the apex court to pass an order and direct “Union of India along with National Monuments Authority (NMA) to declare ‘Ram Setu’ as an Ancient Monument of National Importance.”
Swamy had said that he had already won the first round of the litigation, in which the Centre accepted the existence of ‘Ram Setu’. He added that the union minister concerned had called a meeting in 2017 to consider his demand to declare the Setu a national heritage monument, but subsequently, nothing happened.
‘Ram Setu’ is a chain of limestone shoals between Pamban Island, also known as Rameswaram Island, off the south-eastern coast of Tamil Nadu, and Mannar Island, off the north-western coast of Sri Lanka. (ANI)


Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

Telangana: Union Minister Bandi Sanjay discusses ongoing relief ops in flood-hit areas with state revenue minister – World News Network

DGCA approves IndiGo’s request to extend agreement with Turkish Airlines for 6 months – World News Network

Bengaluru techie dies by suicide; parents allege dowry harassment – World News Network

Uttarakhand: Over 70 people evacuated after heavy rain and cloudburst; 16 still buried under debris – World News Network

“Weak-kneed” people fail to see India’s growth story: Piyush Goyal slams analysts, journalists for running anti-India agenda – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article “Extremely shameful!”: BJP on “indecent language” used against PM Modi’s late mother at Voter Adhikar Yatra – World News Network
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Latest News

“Falsehood, violence cannot stand before truth and ahinsa”: Rahul Gandhi after BJP-Congress workers clash in Bihar – World News Network
National August 29, 2025
Gujarat: CM Bhupendra Patel flags off the grand procession on the occasion of the Parna of Siddhitap ascetics – World News Network
National August 29, 2025
“No govt helicopters deployed, relief lacking in Mani Mahesh Yatra area: Bharmaur MLA Janak Raj – World News Network
National August 29, 2025
IMD issues heavy rainfall warnings for Himachal Pradesh till September 1 amid record monsoon – World News Network
National August 29, 2025

Sports

UP CM Yogi pays tribute to ‘Hockey Magician’ Major Dhyan Chand on birth anniversary – World News Network
Sports
Sachin Tendulkar celebrates India’s diverse sporting achievements on National Sports Day – World News Network
Sports

Popular Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • National
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Videos
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • Press Release
  • Press Release Distribution Packages

Entertainment

Director Ridley Scott “turned down a 20M USD fee” when offered to direct ‘Terminator III’ – World News Network
Entertainment
Anthony Ippolito to play young Sylvester Stallone in ‘I Play Rocky’ – World News Network
Entertainment
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Follow US
Copyright © 2023 World News Network. All Rights Reserved
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?